I am very new to the phalaenopsis orchids.
This is one that I am desperately trying to give a better life.
Root has rot, so I had to cut most of the roots off and had been sitting in water culture for about a month or little more now.
It still had flower shoot which was pretty healthy, but after doing some research, I have to cut it off in order for me to make the root system stronger.
So I was really sad to cut it off but I did and re-potted in a new growing medium.
As you can see I used hydro-balls for the new pot medium and it's been a day now.
I still want it to be a similar environment like water culture so I chose this method.
It's still looking pretty damp on top and I will check again tomorrow to see if it is.
I am very happy to see the new roots popping out and can't wait to see how it will change. Both big leaves are still helpless and looks very dehydrated but since I cut the flower branch off, hopefully it will make some improvement.
I am not sure if I am doing this right but we will see!